1. How much do you charge for your services? Our prices are $6/chickens and $17/turkey.
2. Do you offer cut-ups? We are developing a way to offer cut-ups but as of right now we only offer whole birds. We will notify the community when and if that changes.
3. Do you process waterfowl? At this time we only process chickens and turkeys. In the future we may open up our business to waterfowl but we currently do not have the capacity to efficiently process them.
4. How do I best prepare for my processing date? See our How it Works page for all the details. Most importantly please remember to withdraw feed at least 12 hours in advance, crate carefully and be prepared to unload the birds yourself.
5. What do you mean by adding DPP to our liability insurance? Adding a partner to your liability insurance is standard for business partners who have a level of risk involved in your business. It's pretty easy and shouldn't cost anything. Just contact your Liability Provider and ask them to add Dependable Poultry Processors to your plan.
6. How much time will it take? That's really going to depend on the size of your flock. Currently our facility handles about 60 chickens/hour.
7. How will the birds be packaged? We take great pride in ensuring that your final product is the highest quality and something that you will be proud to offer your customers. Your chickens will either be vacuum sealed or shrink bagged with a poultry exempt label allowing you to sell the meat anywhere in the state of North Carolina. Turkeys will be shrink bagged.
8. How will I receive the product back? Farm partners must bring their coolers and ice or other cooling mechanism with them at the time of drop off. Your product will be packaged, labeled and placed directly into your coolers in your vehicle. We will not process your chickens or turkeys until a loading vessel with coolant is provided.
9. I'm not used to this, where can I get ice? If you're stressing about ice please let us know and we can help you problem solve. We have a few sources who might be able to help you out.
10. How do I book a reservation? The easiest way is to fill out our reservation form here. You may also call or email us and we will get back in touch shortly.